I hate predictions, but I saw that Danyl made some. So I thought I’d get on board and hazard some guesses:
- National will get between 45 and 47 per cent
- Labour will get between 25 and 27 per cent
- The Greens will get between 13 and 15 per cent
- New Zealand First will get between 6 and 8 per cent
- David Seymour will win Epsom, but won’t bring poor Jamie Whyte in with him.
- Peter Dunne will win Ohariu because he’s Dunne and it’s Dunne County
- Hone Harawira will win TTT and will bring in Laila Harre.
- Colin Craig will not be in parliament.
- Te Ururoa Flavell will win his seat and bring in one more Maori Party MP
Based on the above it looks like the left could actually form a government. But I give that almost no chance. I suspect we’ll end up with the same Government we currently have. National with ACT + UF or the Maori Party.